Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Huge Debate

One of the biggest debates we have had is whether to home school Sevren, public school or private school him. This is something that I keep considering. For weeks now, I keep going back and forth on what is best for him. I have met other fantastic mothers who home school their children, and I completely understand their reasoning on why it is the best option for their kids. Sevren would definitely get the best academic advantage if we (continued to) home schooled him. However, he wants to go to school. PSD has exceptional ratings, especially the elementary school we are closest to. Though we are technically outside the district, we have spoken to the district and found out how to get Sevren in. They have a great gifted program that starts in 3rd grade that I believe will be fantastic for Sevren.

I also have decided to create an IEP for him to use if it is obviously necessary before the Quest program begins in 3rd grade, which I assume it will be needed. He would be starting preschool/pre-k in fall this year and he already knows kindergarten and even some 1st grade material. He just -gets- it, so I teach it to him. He is very interested in reading, spelling, computer games, space/solar system, math and anything that blows up.

No comments:

Post a Comment