Thursday, July 21, 2011

Another fantastic read!

This is actually two in one:
SENG's very own The Joy and Challenge: Parenting Gifted Children
https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/71933

I think it's funny, and honestly didn't understand until I became a parent of a gifted child myself, how people can assume that parenting a gifted/highly capable child do not need anything special. "They are gifted, they don't need special educational assistance," or "they are gifted, what do they have to be depressed/sad/unhappy about?". I can imagine, though I don't have personal experience with this, the need to fit in with inadequate peers could lead to a desire to be "normal" or fit in. This can lead to underachievement, and ultimately depression.

***************************************************************************

Another great read is
Giftedness and The Kaleidoscope of Colours.. One parent looks back…
http://innreach.wordpress.com/2011/07/20/giftedness-and-the-kaleidoscope-of-colours-one-parent-looks-back/

it can provide some insight and let you know you are NOT alone!

No comments:

Post a Comment