Today we did a few different worksheets. Mostly review, writing letters, tracing lines. I'm constructing a portfolio to give to his K teacher when we meet. Just to show him where we are at with him already, so appropriate academics can be administered to him. Yes, in K. I have a collection of K worksheets and 1st grade worksheets, which is where we are mainly now. I'm pretty sure there are a few sections we can move on to, but I want him to finish the workbook we are working on before we do that. I don't want him to think that he can just skip over things because they are boring. Some review is good for him, I think. Whether or not this is wrong, I don't know. I guess it depends on perception. In time, this may no longer be the case. I am mainly doing it as proof that he knows the stuff, because I think it will help me advocate for him.
We also have been having a lot of emotional outbursts. A LOT. It's not fun. Especially in public, when your child yells "I HATE YOU" as loud as he can when you're dragging him to the car. Yeah. Awesome. It is hard to believe that this same child will get teary eyed when we discuss death of any kind, which he asks about, or even talk about how he will eventually move out on his own and won't be with me like he is now.
No comments:
Post a Comment